- Author: Rishabh Puri
- Genre: Fiction/ Romance
- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Srishti Publishers & Distributors; First edition (10 July 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9387022277
- ISBN-13: 978-9387022270
Prisha Khatri is a regular college graduate, focused on her career, desperate to finally move out of her parents’ house and freshly dumped by her successful fiancé. When she lands a job at a prestigious media house, she’s glad to have something to take her mind off her heartbreak. What she doesn’t expect is to be landed on a business trip with a famously fiery reporter Rajesh Lagheri. He’s traveling to a business conference for a story and doesn’t seem impressed by her involvement. But as soon as they’re out of the office, things change and it becomes clear that there is more to Rajesh’s trip than meets the eye. As Prisha is drawn into the story he’s trying to hide from their editor, their hunt for the story grows more intense and she finds herself growing closer to Rajesh. As their chemistry threatens to overwhelm them and Prisha is pulled deeper into the Seductive Affair, she must decide what matters most to her matters of the head or of the heart.
Seductive Affair is a steamy tale of Prisha and Rajesh who are on their hunt to unravel the mystery running through the veins of the corporates thus rendering their pulsing nerves to find a means to relieve themselves. The outlining of characters have been drawn very well. I am impressed by the strong and impactful characterization of Prisha who kicks off her inhibitions and proves her mettle. Additionally, Rajesh has a whiff of unavoidable charm which emanates from him as he walks around and gets people talking. The author has a strong command over language and his flair for writing knits an intriguing narrative. The narration is good along with the development of the plot. But the story turned out to be a disappointment for me. There is no fresh content. Rather the same old corporate culture has been brought alive in the book. There are a few more potholes in the novel which I would like to list down.
- The book is in no sync with the title that adorns it. I could not get a bit of understanding till the end whether why the book has been named ‘Seductive Affair.’
- Moreover, A better cover would have extended a better outlook of any reader towards the book.
- While the author made painstaking efforts in drawing the hot chemistry between Prisha and Rajesh in the privacy of their rooms, I felt as if the soft porn is being served. That kind of made me look at this book with utter distaste.
- The romance genre is roasted with such deep finesse that the narrative echoes the lust, the moans, and pleasures.
It is a good read for the casual readers but for some serious avid readers, please refrain from getting into an affair with this book!
Buy Your Copy of Seductive Affair
Book Cover: 1.5/5
Book Title: 2/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Language and Vocabulary: 4/5
Grammar and Punctuation: 4/5