- Author: A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Penguin; Latest edition (12 November 2014)
- Language: English
Nation is bigger than the Individual.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam is one of the most influential Presidents of India. Also, he is well-known for his dedication toward developing the nation in all fronts equally. No wonder our Missile Man is loved by the young and old alike.
Ignited Minds is my first read by him and I am so glad to have read it. His profound wisdom reflects as we traverse through the pages and find it inspiring, motivating, uplifting – all at the same time. The book has been divided into chapters which are neat and comprehensible. These chapters contain the amazing experiences of Kalam Ji as he recounts his days from the past. Through his experiences and observations, he goes on to explain the importance of participation of youth in building the nation.
He was a visionary who saw a vast potential in the youth to bring out the best for the country. He believed in investing in the young to reap fruits for our Mother India. His ideas show how we could kindle the fire in them and then exploit their ignited minds to carry on with the nation’s development. He had a mission to see India as a developed nation and hence, he urges throughout the book that we must look at the bigger picture to realize our dreams. It is a book which should be read by the people of India especially children because they’d found his electrifying thoughts highly inspiring! Only a united vision launched with renewed vigor will bring the young force into action.
Some of my favorite quotes from the book are enlisted below:
- Dreams hold something of that energy which lies at the heart of all things and are a binding force that brings the spiritual and the material together.
- If there are no dreams, there are no revolutionary thoughts; if there are no thoughts, no actions will emanate.
- History shows the hunger for achievement is a highly evolved one and undoubtedly the strongest one.
- Oh, my friends why don’t you in every field integrate and grow instead of differentiating!
BUY YOUR COPY