MANAGE YOUR MENTAL HEALTH WHEN YOU SELF-ISOLATE
The Corona outbreak has urged the governments to go ahead with a complete lockdown in the country. As much as the idea seems appealing because you’ve all the time in the world to indulge in different activities, it is not, really. You have to work from home and apparently, there’s no divide between your work life and personal life. And eventually, an overwhelming amount of time spent in self-isolation can take a huge toll on your mental health.
So, how do we manage it? How can you stay put in the times when there are anxiety and ever-increasing stress? Well, scroll down.
- Catch up on your long lost friends. Do video calls and say a hi! Talk your hearts out. You’d not realize it now but once you do it, you’ll feel a lot much better.
- As you stay home in the quarantine, you’re heavily prone to fall into the vicious cycle of lazy routine. Don’t skip your meals and eat healthily. Drink lots of water and yes, wash your hands 😉
- The fast-paced life left little room for nature. Time to go back to mother earth. Engage with nature, go for morning walks, look at the sky, at the green plants, express gratitude. I can say with experience, it feels beautiful and relaxing.
- Don’t spoil your routine. Keep up with it. Sleep and wake up at the same time, take your meals timely. Stick to your habits so that when you go back, you don’t find it difficult to fit in.
- Replace your screen time with some other activity. There’s life beyond Netflix and prime. Cook, read, paint, play or just take a good sleep. Find your way of unwinding 🙂
- Okay, so this is in contrast to the point above but hey! stay connected. Social media is not completely bad. Consume less news and remain optimistic. We’ll get through this, together!
Stay safe, guys 🙂
Find me on Twitter:
Connect on Instagram: