Silent Words by Nishant Gang is a potpourri of 24 poems, each taking a distinctive approach towards life. Through the poems borne out of the author’s imagination and perhaps his personal experiences, he attempts to draw different pictures of life.
In a conversation with Bookish Fame, Nishant Gang talked about his book, his writing journey, and what to expect next. Hop on to read more.
- Please introduce yourself to our readers.
Hi, my name is Nishant Gang, and I am an Engineer. I currently work at Maruti Suzuki and reside in Gurgaon. I love to travel, play guitar, and write poems.
- When did it dawn upon you that you wanted to be a writer?
I have been writing since 2013 but really became serious with it in 2017 when I started with my Blog.
- What inspires you to write books? What are the things which catch your attention?
My inspiration comes from Observation. Small aspects of life, human nature, the world intrigue me. My writing style is diverse, and I write a wide range of Poems. Emotions, Stories, Motivation, Horror, Funny all genres are covered.
- Tell something in brief about your latest book?
Silent Words is a collection of some of my Poems. The uniqueness of this book is that each and every poem is unique in itself and in some or the other way relatable to everyone.
- How do you organize yourself, as a writer, to keep track of the world you’re writing about?
I just write as and when an epiphany strikes me. I believe that creativity cannot be organized as it is spontaneous in its nature.
- When you were young, did you ever see writing as a career or a full-time profession?
I am just 25 right now, so I haven’t thought much about it. However, I do want to pursue this in the future.
- How did you approach the writing process this time around? Do you have a set routine, or does it vary? And how do you manage it with your full-time work?
I am oblivious to many obvious things, but at the same time, vigilant of the tiniest of details of life, therefore I do not have any process as such. I write whenever I get a thought and then build upon it.
Writing calms me, soothes me, and it serves as an escape for me from my hectic and fast life in the corporate world. I don’t have to manage my writing as poetry manages me tbh.
- How would you describe the contemporary scenario of writing and reading around the world?
I believe that the modern-day scenario of writing and reading allows the sharing of so much creativity, love, peace, and joy. Everyone has a story to tell and today’s style allows one to listen and share so many amazing lessons of life.
- How crucial are marketing and promotions when it comes to selling a book?
A writer can only write from the core of their heart and encapsulate it in a book, but that is only good when it reaches the required crowd. Marketing & Promotion is as important as writing the book because there are so many things out there that one needs to voice their work.
- Do you read much, and if so, who are your favorite authors?
No, I am not that much into reading. I observe. You can say that I drink tea and observe the world around me (said in Tyrion’s style)
- Any advice you would like to give to aspiring writers.
Don’t give up on writing. Just listen to your inner self and jot down what you hear. As my book, Silent Words say: “Hear and Connect with the real you, every whisper will be true.”
- Are we going to hear more from you in the future?
Definitely. The journey of this poet is just starting and I can assure my readers that there is a lot more for me to offer. I hope I will receive the support and feedback from my readers and will come back only better.
*We wish Author Nishant Gang all the best for his future endeavors.*